Beautiful Singing is the right name for the website of Dr. Clayne Robison,
Professor of Voice at Brigham Young University. Both his beautiful voice and his
success in teaching beautiful singing have drawn him literally from one end of
the world to the other. His research and writing on the subject continue to make
beautiful singing easier to understand, to teach, and to learn:
- His 1992 "Vocal Beauty" research project confirmed the first
scientific definition of beautiful singing.
- During the last two decades, he and his colleagues at BYU have
found reliable ways to measure growth in vocal beauty.
- Those measurements show that students who learn to sing in groups
can improve their vocal beauty three times faster than in private
instruction - teachers can become literally ten times more efficient.
- He claims that learning to sing with the physicists' new
interactivity (chaos) paradigm in mind makes beautiful singing a
universal possibility (yes, this means anyone can develop a
- He proves that in a new DVD for educational television.
- He has written a personable, beautiful, and bold book explaining all of
- By collecting, publishing and recording 34 new sacred art songs, he
has breathed new life into the art song recital.